Monday, November 15, 2010

Chocolate Tofu Pie

Happy Birthday Baby Sister! My little sister is a vegetarian and came across a Chocolate Tofu Pie recently that she fell in love with and asked my mom to recreate for her birthday dessert this year. I must admit, I was skeptical to begin with (as I am sure you are too... haha). However! It was actually really good! It did have a bit of a mild "organic" taste to it, but mostly it was just like a rich and thick chocolate fudge pie. I would recommend it if you are looking for something different or for such an occasion. :o)

Ingredients:
1 pound silken tofu
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Blend tofu in a blender until smooth.
3. Blend in cocoa, sugar, vanilla and vinegar.
4. Pour into prepared crust.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment