Monday, November 22, 2010

Baked Spicy Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders

Don't judge my super-starchy meal, haha, but this was one of those throwing together what I had in the kitchen to make dinner last minute because my best friend and I were supposed to eat at her house, but she fell asleep and missed my texts... Haha. Anyhow, these tenders turned out really good - I took them from the website below and made a few adaptations to fit what I had in the pantry and I chose to bake them instead of frying them. The rest of the meal was just white rice (microwaved minute rice), canned corn, and homemade Texas toast. Easy, peasy!

Baked Spicy Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/4 plain dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Tony Chacherie's Creole Seasoning (original recipe called for ground chipotle pepper)
1 large egg white
2 tbsp water

Directions:
1. Thaw chicken tenders & pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine pecans, breadcrumbs, zest, and Tony Chacherie's into food processor (or blender) and pulse until pecans are finely ground.
3. Whisk egg white and water until combined.
4. Dip each tender into egg mixture, then dredge both sides in the pecan mixture.
5. Place the breaded tenders in baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 170 degrees. Turn tenders halfway through baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment