Friday, July 2, 2010

Old Fashioned Yellow Cupcakes with Homemade Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Tonight some of my best friends and I are house-sitting for another friend and we were so excited to have access to an actual full kitchen that we made ourselves a lovely little dinner and dessert. My contribution was the dessert and I made Old Fashioned Yellow Cupcakes with Homemade Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. I must admit, there wasn't much to them as I used a box mix, but I did the dishes too to make up for it, haha. I am calling them "Old Fashioned" because we didn't have any muffin cups, lol. Also, I also just adapted my Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe to become chocolate, so it's super easy. And I didn't bring my decorating kit, so they didn't look as pretty as my last batch, but they sure were yummy!


Homemade Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
3 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1 c. butter (softened)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream

Directions:
Combine the butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar together in a large bowl and mix using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on low speed until well blended. Then continue to mix on medium for another 3 minutes, give or take. Then add the vanilla and heavy cream. Beat on medium for another minute more, adding more cream as necessary to reach the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment