Thursday, July 1, 2010

British Cookies

When I have a rough day, I like to bake to take my mind off things and to give me an opportunity to succeed at something - even if it is as small as in a cookie. So today, I made British Cookies. Admittedly, there really isn't a whole lot of "British" to them other than it's on my mind since a new friend of mine is moving to England in a couple of weeks and they have English Toffee in them, haha. But anyhow, I've really gotten into the swing of using packaged mixes for baked goods and then adding something special to perk them up! Kind of a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade type deal. So, here is my newest creation. :o)


Ingredients:
1 pkg. Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 stick Butter (softened)
1 Egg
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 c. Chopped Walnuts
1/4 c. English Toffee Bits

Directions:
Follow directions on the package mix (which is basically combine the mix, butter, and egg). Then add the other ingredients. Bake on 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy! I like to eat all cookies with milk. These are good with it too, haha. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment